St. Petersburg State Medical Academy
Saint Petersburg State Medical Academy is one of the oldest, largest and most important medical schools in Russia. It was founded in 1907, in the historical city of Saint Petersburg, the second largest city in Russia.
The academy is named after Ilya Ilyich Mechnikov a 1908 Nobel Prize winner in Medicine for his work on phagocytosis.
Today over 1,000 international students from more than 30 countries worldwide attend the various programs at the academy.
Back to Study Medicine in Russia
International Program Offers :
- General Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as "MUDr" - "Medicinae Universae Doctor" (M.D.) - Doctor of General Medicine
- General Medicine: $6,000 per year
- 1) Complete secondary school education (a high-school diploma)
- 2) Entrance Exams: Written & Oral exams in the subjects of Biology, Chemistry, Physiology & Physics
- Approximately $800 per month (The univeristy offers housing options)