Jessenius Faculty of Medicine
The University of Martin was officially established In 1969 in the city of Martin, a city in northern Slovakia.
In 1991 the medical faculty was renamed “Jessenius Faculty of Medicine” in honor of Jan Jessenius, a medieval physician and humanist whose ancestors had their roots in the city of Martin.
In the same year, the faculty opened up the enrollment to international students.
The Jessenius Faculty of Medicine in Martin has a tradition of maintaining a low number of students (no more than 200 students in a year) which enables the university to provide an individual approach to the students within small study groups making it one of the leading medical schools in Slovakia.
Back to Study Medicine in Slovakia
International Program Offers :
- General Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as "MUDr" - "Medicinae Universae Doctor" (M.D.) - Doctor of General Medicine
- General Medicine: $12,000 per year
- 1) Complete secondary school education (a high-school diploma)
- 2) Entrance Exams: Written & Oral exams in the subjects of Biology, Chemistry, Physiology & Physics
- Approximately $700 per month