Moscow Medical Academy
About the University
I.M. Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy was initially founded in 1758 as the medical faculty of the Imperial Moscow State University. In 1930, the faculty received independent status and became the “First Moscow Medical Institute”.
Over 8,000 students, local and international, attend the academy every year. The academy is a very prestigious institution and is one of the leading medical schools in Russia and in Europe, and has been training international students since 1949. Today, over 2,100 international students attend the different study programs offered in Moscow.
About the Place
In 1955, the institution was renamed after Ivan Mikhaylovich Sechenov, a Russian physiologist, who is considered to be the “Father of Russian Physiology”.
International Program Offers
- General Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as "MUDr" - "Medicinae Universae Doctor" (M.D.) - Doctor of General Medicine
- Dentistry: 5-year program
- Pharmacy: 5-year program
- Complete secondary school education (a high-school diploma)
- Entrance Exams: Written & Oral exams in the subjects of Biology, Chemistry, Physiology & Physics
- General Medicine: 1st year: $11,000. 2nd-6h year: $10,000
- Dentistry: 1st year: $11,000. 2nd-5h year: $10,000
- Pharmacy: 1st year: $7800. 2nd-5h year: $6800
- Approximately $900 per month (The univeristy offers housing options) Visit the official website