University of Comenius
About the University
The University of Comenius in Bratislava, Slovakia was was founded in 1919 and in 1939 gained the title of “The University of Slovakia.” Today it is the largest and oldest university and medical school in Slovakia. The university is located in the capital city of Slovakia, Bratislava, which is the cultural, economical, governmental and educational center of the country.
About the Place
The university is named after Jan Amos Comenius, a 17th century Czech teacher and philosopher.
The university has been offering programs for international students since 1933.
International Program Offers
- General Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as MUDr. - "Medicinae Universae Doctor" (M.D.) - Doctor of General Medicine
- Dentistry: 6-year program with a degree as MDDr. - "Medicinae Dentalis Doctor" - Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Complete secondary school education (a high-school diploma)
- Entrance Exams: Written exams in the subjects of Biology & Chemistry,
- General Medicine: 9,500 Euro per year
- Dentistry: 11,000 Euro per year
- Approximately $800 per month