About the University
Szeged University’s legacy began in the 16th century, when the Prince of Transylvania founded the academic institution. The medical faculty was established in 1775.
Szeged University includes one of the leading medical shools in Hungary. The medical & dental faculty became an independent institution in 1951 & the pharmacology faculty in 1957.
The Medical School is named after Laureate Albert Szent-Györgyi, one of the founders of the faculty of science and a Noble Prize winner for isolating Vitamin C by extracting it from paprika.
The English program was established in 1985 and today more than 1,000 students from around the world study at the university.
About the Place
Szeged is the third largest city in Hungary and is located in the southern part of the country which is famous for its numerous paprika factories.
International Program Offers
- General Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as MUDr. - "Medicinae Universae Doctor" (M.D.) - Doctor of General Medicine
- Dentistry: 5-year program with a degree as MDDr. - "Medicinae Dentalis Doctor" - Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Pharmacology: 5-year program with a degree as a PharmD. -Doctor of Pharmacy
- Complete secondary school education (a high-school diploma)
- Entrance Exams: Written & Oral exams in the subjects of Biology, Chemistry, Physiology & Physics