About the University
Founded in 1367 by King Louie the Great, Pécs University is the oldest university in Hungary. Today, the university is one of the largest institutions in the country, with a vast variety of research and teaching activities, recognized in and outside of Hungary.
The medical faculty in Pécs University was established 100 years ago, and trains students in the fields of general medicine, dentistry and pharmacology.
The international English program was founded in 1985, and today over 250 students attend each year making it one of the popular medical schools in Hungary.
About the Place
The city of Pécs, located in the south, is the fifth largest city in the country. Pécs is a multicultural city: Hungarians, Croatians and Swabians live together in harmony and contribute to the economical and cultural life.
In 2010, Péc was selected as the European Capital of Culture, sharing the title with Essen and Istanbul. After receiving the title, a major process of renovation began in the city, which prides itself on having beautiful public areas and cultural and recreational centers.
International Program Offers
- General Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as MUDr. - "Medicinae Universae Doctor" (M.D.) - Doctor of General Medicine
- Dentistry: 5-year program with a degree as MDDr. - "Medicinae Dentalis Doctor" - Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Pharmacology: 5-year program with a degree as a PharmD. -Doctor of Pharmacy
- Complete secondary school education (a high-school diploma)
- Entrance Exams: Written & Oral exams in the subjects of Biology, Chemistry, Physiology & Physics