The University of Zagreb
This university is represented by “Medical Doctor” in all its branches around the world.
Established in 1669, the University of Zagreb is the largest and oldest academic institution in Croatia and South-Eastern Europe. It now consists of 30 faculties, 3 art academies, and over 70.000 full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The Faculty of Medicine at the University of Zagreb is the best among medical schools in Croatia and was founded in 1918. The medical school has a long history of educating international students, dating as far back as the post World War II era.
The University is located in Croatia’s capital, which is the country’s economical, cultural, sport, and scientific center.
- General Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as “MUDr” – “Medicinae Universae Doctor” (M.D.) – Doctor of General Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as: Doctor of veterinary medicine
- Dentistry Medicine: 6-year program
- Complete secondary school education (a high-school diploma)
- For General & Dentistry Medicine: Entrance Exams: Written & Oral exams in the subjects of Biology, Chemistry, Physiology & Physics
- *M.D. International Studies is the formal representative of The University of Zagreb in the USA. The entrance exams are performed by university personnel at M.D. International Studies headquarters at the end of each pre-medical course.
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language, students of Medical Doctor are exempt from this test – Advantage for students of Medical Doctor
- General Medicine: In the range of 12,000 Euro per year
- Veterinary Medicine: In the range of 9,000 Euro per year
- Dentistry Medicine: In the range of 10,000 Euro per year
*Prices are subjected to change in accordance to the university at hand.
- Approximately 500 Euro per month
*These estimations are based on an average calculation and it does not constitute a fixed amount. Each student may have different expenses and living costs and the numbers shown are for reference only.