Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
Lithuanian University of Health Sciences was founded in 1922 in the city of Kaunas, as part of the local university. In 1998 the Faculty of Medicine received an independent academic status, separated from the University of Kaunas and became the “Lithuanian University of Health Sciences” and is one of the top medical schools in Lithuania.
Kaunas is the second largest city in Lithuania, located in the southern center of the country. Kaunas has held a prominent role in the history of Lithuania, as an important center of culture, education and economy.
Nowadays, over 7,000 students attend the various study programs offered by the university of which over 600 of them are international students.
Back to Study Medicine in Lithuania
International Program Offers :
- 1) General Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as MUDr. - "Medicinae Universae Doctor" (M.D.) - Doctor of General Medicine
- 2) Dentistry: 5-year program with a degree as MDDr. - "Medicinae Dentalis Doctor" - Doctor of Dental Medicine
- 3) Pharmacology: 5-year program with a degree as a PharmD. -Doctor of Pharmacy
- 4) Veterinary medicine: 6-year program with a degree as a Master of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Surgeon
- 1) General Medicine: 10,000€ per year
- 2) Dentistry: 12,000 € per year
- 3) Pharmacology: 6,000 € per year
- 4) Veterinary: 6,000 € per year
- 1) Complete secondary school education (a high-school diploma)
- 2) Entrance Exams: Written & Oral exams in the subjects of Biology & Chemistry
- Approximately $700 per month (The university offers housing options)