Jessenius Faculty of Medicine
This university is not represented by “Medical Doctor”.
The University of Martin was officially established In 1969 in the city of Martin, a city in northern Slovakia.
The Jessenius Faculty of Medicine in Martin has a tradition of maintaining a low number of students (no more than 200 students in a year) which enables the university to provide an individual approach to the students within small study groups making it one of the leading medical schools in Slovakia.
In 1991 the medical faculty was renamed “Jessenius Faculty of Medicine” in honor of Jan Jessenius, a medieval physician and humanist whose ancestors had their roots in the city of Martin.
In the same year, the faculty opened up the enrollment to international students.
- General Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as “MUDr” – “Medicinae Universae Doctor” (M.D.) – Doctor of General Medicine
- Complete secondary school education (a high-school diploma)
- Entrance Exams: Written & Oral exams in the subjects of Biology & Chemistry
- General Medicine: From 9,900 Euro per year
*Prices are subject to change and it is advisable to check with the university
- Approximately 500 € per month