Jessenius Faculty of Medicine
About the university
This university is not represented by “Medical Doctor”.
The University of Martin was officially established In 1969 in the city of Martin, a city in northern Slovakia.
The Jessenius Faculty of Medicine in Martin has a tradition of maintaining a low number of students (no more than 200 students in a year) which enables the university to provide an individual approach to the students within small study groups making it one of the leading medical schools in Slovakia.
About the place
In 1991 the medical faculty was renamed “Jessenius Faculty of Medicine” in honor of Jan Jessenius, a medieval physician and humanist whose ancestors had their roots in the city of Martin.
In the same year, the faculty opened up the enrollment to international students.
International program offers
- General Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as “MUDr” – “Medicinae Universae Doctor” (M.D.) – Doctor of General Medicine
- Complete secondary school education (a high-school diploma)
- Entrance Exams: Written & Oral exams in the subjects of Biology & Chemistry
- General Medicine: From 9,900 Euro per year
*The tuition fees can be modified by the university from time to time.
Exact tuition fees can be found in the university website.
- Approximately 500 € per month
*Living costs may differ from student to student and the numbers shown are for reference only
Leave your details and we’ll get back to you