About the University
The First Faculty of Medicine was established in the 14th century and is one of the 4 original faculties of the university. The faculty is considered to be the most prestigious medical school in the Czech Republic and one of the most prominent in Europe.
Today, more than 3,400 students study medicine at Charles University in Prague. They are taught by more than 650 pedagogical and scientific experts.
About the Place
A video of the Faculty of Medicine at Charles University:
Medical Studies in Prague not only allows the opportunity to study in one of the most historical and beautiful metropolises in Europe, but also to earn a medical degree from one of the leading medical schools in the world.
The medical degree from Charles University is internationally recognized.
The faculty offers a 6 year program for general medicine. The first 3 years are taught in the university itself. However, starting the 4th year, international students have the opportunity to study one semester (12-clinical weeks) a year in their home countries.
The opportunity to perform clinical rotations in student’s home country serves as a great advantage. It allows students who receive their education abroad to create professional contacts within the local hospitals & health-care systems, in which they will intern later on.
Some of our students have graduated from the medical program at Charles University in Prague! We are very proud of them and wish them luck in their future medical career!
International Program Offers
- General Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as "MUDr" - "Medicinae Universae Doctor" (M.D.) - Doctor of General Medicine
- Dentistry: 5-year program with a degree as MDDr. - "Medicinae Dentalis Doctor" - Doctor of Dental Medicine
- For US students : A Complete College/ University Degree
- For non US students : A high school diploma
- For everyone: Entrance Exams: Written & Oral exams in the subjects of Biology, Chemistry, Physiology & Physics
- General Medicine: 360,000 CZK per year (approx. 14,500 USD)
- Dentistry: 360,000 CZK per year (approx. 14,500 USD)
- Approximately 600 Euro per month (The university also offers housing) Visit the official website