Lithuanian University of Health Sciences – Study Veterinary
This university is represented by “Medical Doctor” in all its branches around the world.
Lithuanian University of Health Sciences was founded in 1922 in the city of Kaunas, as part of the local university. In 1998 the Faculty of Medicine received an independent academic status, separated from the University of Kaunas, and became the “Lithuanian University of Health Sciences” and is one of the top medical schools in Lithuania.
Nowadays, over 7,700 students attend the various study programs offered by the university, of which over 1150 of them are international students.
Kaunas is the second-largest city in Lithuania, which keeps the authentic spirit of the country‘s national character alive. The city is located at the confluence of the two largest Lithuanian rivers, surrounded by the hills and situated at the crossroads of the most important roads in Lithuania. Due to its geographical position, today, Kaunas is Lithuania‘s most important center of communication.
It is home to a variety of festivals & events, from operettas to modern dance, from classical music to Jazz. Kaunas was chosen as the European Capital of Culture 2022. And as a Capital of Culture 2022 Kaunas is changing: from the TEMPORARY CAPITAL to CONTEMPORARY. The city is famous for its Interwar architecture which was awarded the European Heritage label and is on its way to UNESCO. Kaunas is the only city in the world where so much of the style of the buildings has survived to the present day.
Kaunas is not only a city of old traditions, but also a large centre of business and industry. It can also lay claim to being a city of young people with over 35,000 students (the largest number in Lithuania) studying at one of the seven universities here.
Green streets, tree-lined avenues and wide-open squares create surroundings to match everybody’s moods. Kaunas is proud of its great number of museums, theatres, universities, colleges, fine hotels, restaurants, cafes and bars. Guests can try a range of cuisine from many European and Asian countries as well as an abundance of traditional Lithuanian food, drink and hospitality.
- General Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as MUDr. – “Medicinae Universae Doctor” (M.D.) – Doctor of General Medicine
- Dentistry: 5-year program with a degree as MDDr. – “Medicinae Dentalis Doctor” – Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Pharmacy: 5-year program with a degree as a PharmD. -Doctor of Pharmacy
- Veterinary medicine: 6-year program with a degree as a Master of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Surgeon
- Complete secondary school education (a high-school diploma)
- Entrance Exams: Written & Oral exams in the subjects of Biology & Chemistry
- General Medicine: About €12,500 per year
- Dentistry: About €13,500 per year
- Pharmacy: About €7,000 per year
- Veterinary: About €8,000 per year
*Prices are subject to change and it is advisable to double-check with the university in question.
- Approximately 500 € per month (The university offers housing options)
*Living costs may differ from student to student and the numbers shown are for reference only