This university is not represented by “Medical Doctor”.
The history of higher education in Debrecen began in the 16th century, with the foundation of Debrecen college in 1538.
Since its inauguration as Debrecen University in 1918, the school offers curriculums in four faculties: Art, Sciences, Theology & Medicine. In 1951, the Faculty of Medicine became an independent academic medical school under the supervision of the Hungarian Ministry of Health.
The medical school in Debrecen consists of 22 departments of basic science and 25 clinical departments which specialize in various fields.
The school also functions as Debrecen’s city hospital, the second largest city in Hungary, and therefore enables students to acquire proper clinical training making it a popular choice among medical schools in Hungary.
- General Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as MUDr. – “Medicinae Universae Doctor” (M.D.) – Doctor of General Medicine
- Dentistry: 5-year program with a degree as MDDr. – “Medicinae Dentalis Doctor” – Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Pharmacology: 5-year program with a degree as a PharmD. -Doctor of Pharmacy
- Complete secondary school education (a high-school diploma)
- Entrance Exams: Written & Oral exams in the subjects of Biology, Chemistry, Physiology & Physics