This university represented by “Medical Doctor” in Israel, Sweden, Norway, Spain and USA.
Szeged University’s legacy began in the 16th century, when the Prince of Transylvania founded the academic institution. The medical faculty was established in 1775.
Szeged University includes one of the leading medical shools in Hungary. The medical & dental faculty became an independent institution in 1951 & the pharmacology faculty in 1957.
The Medical School is named after Laureate Albert Szent-Györgyi, one of the founders of the faculty of science and a Noble Prize winner for isolating Vitamin C by extracting it from paprika.
The English program was established in 1985 and today more than 1,000 students from around the world study at the university.
Szeged is the third largest city in Hungary and is located in the southern part of the country which is famous for its numerous paprika factories.
- General Medicine: 6-year program with a degree as MUDr. – “Medicinae Universae Doctor” (M.D.) – Doctor of General Medicine
- Dentistry: 5-year program with a degree as DMD – “Medicinae Dentalis Doctor” – Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Pharmacology: 5-year program with a degree as a D.Pharm -Doctor of Pharmacy
- Complete secondary school education (a high-school diploma)
- Entrance Exams: consist of Written & Oral exams in the subjects of Biology, Chemistry or Physics (to be chosen in case of the exam is taken in Szeged). An English Language Skills including essay writing.
Application and Examination fee: 400 USD
General Medicine Tuition fee: (12 semesters):
1st semester: 9020 USD 2nd semester: 7800 USD 3rd – 11th semester: 8300 USD
12th semester: on pro rata basis
Dental Medicine Tuition fee: (10 semesters):
1st semester: Ranging from 8900 USD 2nd semester: 8100 USD
3rd semester: Ranging from 8800 USD 4th semester: 8200 USD
5th semester: Ranging from 8800 USD 6th semester: 8200 USD
7th semester: Ranging from 8700 USD 8th semester: 8300 USD
** Prices may be updated from time to time, so it is advisable to check on the university website as well.
9th semester: 8700 USD 10th semester: 8300 USD
Pharmacy Tuition fee: (10 semesters):
1st semester: 6270 EUR, 2nd semester: 4150 EUR
3rd-6th semester: 5000 EUR, 7th-8th semester: 5150 EUR
9th-10th semester: 4850 EUR